The ProblemAs a roadway ages, it becomes geometrically poor and structurally deficient beyond preventative maintenance as a suitable/cost-effective solution. Thus, the roadway is unable to sustain the volume of traffic it was originally designed to handle.
THE SOLUTIONSuit-Kote Cold Mix Paving offers the customer an economical, long-life alternative to these and many other pavement related problems. Dense graded cold mixes are mixtures that contain DOT compliant coarse and fine aggregates blended with specifically designed High-Float emulsified asphalt resulting in a paving course that has early initial strength with long-term performance and flexibility. More durable and flexible than conventional hot mix, our cold mix delivers a custom base-binder or top course dependent on road conditions and traffic requirements. Cold Mix Paving with High-Float emulsions is the real Warm Mix.
- Any road that is no longer a candidate for preventative maintenance
- Lower energy costs because heating of the mix is not required
- Economical and environmentally friendly
- Mix can be produced at aggregate source or near the job site, allowing aggregates to be hauled in the off-season
- Provides long-lasting, durable pavements that tolerate extreme weather cycles
- Aging at a slower rate versus conventional mixes
- All materials exceed DOT specifications
- High-Float emulsion mixtures engineered in-house combined with on-site quality control
- Pugmill positioned on or near the job site
- Select aggregates are mixed with emulsified asphalt at ambient temperature and applied on the road with conventional paving equipment
- Open to traffic after compaction of the mix
- Surface layer (chip seal, sand seal, slurry, or microsurfacing) provides an asphalt-rich membrane to waterproof and prolong pavement life